Thursday, June 24, 2010

Home Depot, Jedi mind bicycle tricks, more local bikers


Here are some of the people I encountered on a little trip to Home Depot in Hollywood followed by a ride to Nature Mart in Los Feliz.

These are the first Bicycle people I came across on my way to Home Depot. I followed the new "Sharrows" on Fountain Ave. (see previous post.) I know what they actually mean after I did the research for my previous blog. This is Sergey and Yana both from Russia now living locally just returning from grocery shopping. They don't own a car and bike all over preferring the sidewalks to the streets.



This is Paolo a filmmaker originally from Italy on his way to give a lecture.
He rides all over town on a regular basis.




This is my beloved Globe Carmel bike parked in the lumber isle of Home Depot. I roll it past the security guards as if it was the normal thing to do and use it as my "hipster shopping cart" (You first heard that term here) or for pricing materials for an estimate for a job (I am a carpenter.) Pre-bike I would have driven over and not had nearly as much fun and no exercise. Now is Home Depot that bike friendly, can anyone do this? I don't know, I do believe I am the only one that has done this before and I also happen to have some pretty good skills. In my senior year of high school I wore flip flop sandals half the time which was totally not allowed. I reasoned the teachers didn't look at kids feet much and with an occasional stealth maneuver and some teenage Jedi mind control (over the weaker minded school officials) and a little bit of Ferris Bueller thrown in I was able to pull it off. If you attempt this please go full Jedi (otherwise it'll be a half-retard performance) and the security guards will realize what I have been doing. If it looks like you're getting into trouble try the Obi Wan Jedi mind control wave as a last resort.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5486564638318026066" />
Hollywood moment:
This is Brandon Johnson a Hollywood writer who bikes all over town between film studios and interviews - does it all on his bike. I found him leaning up against the building checking his messages around the corner from the Vista Theater



This cool little bike was parked outside the Mustard Seed Cafe. I passed by a major A-lister casually hanging out there several months ago. I like this photo because my flash hit the bikes reflector making it appear as if the headlight was fully on.

I found Jabier chillin'out at the Green Leaves my favorite Vegan Cafe. He works for Green Peace and commutes 60 miles a week on his bike. Green Leaves, Green Peace I shoulda said he was "Greenin'" instead of "Chillin'" again you first heard that term here and yes you can use it.

Greenin'
Definition of: What someone who is ecologically active does when they are relaxing after doing some ecologically cool things ( like riding a bike home from an eco job and eating vegan food).
Sentence: Jabier was Greenin' after a long hard day at Green Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Thanks for writing. I had wondered what those symbols on Fountain were, but hadn't gotten around to googling it yet. Sharrows, good word.

    All the bes,

    Alan

    ReplyDelete